Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are Xenon Thumbrules
HFP Eq XE
- BOL ~ 2500
- MOL ~ 3000
- EOL ~ 3000
HFP Xe worth 8 hours after trip
- BOL ~ 4200
- MOL ~ 5000
- EOL ~ 5200
- Xe to reach equil after trip: 80 hours
- Xe to reach equil after startup: 42 hours
- Peaks after a trip/down power = sq root (delta power)
- Peaks after a load increase = cubed root (delta power)
How is Xenon produced?
- Xenon produced by :
- 1) From fission
- 2) From decay of Iodine
- gamma_Xe = Fission yield of Xe-135 = 0.002 or 0.2%.
- Sigmaf = Macroscopic fission cross section for U-235.
- Phi = Thermal neutron flux.
- LambdaI = Decay constant for I-135 = 2.92 x 10-5 sec-1.
- NI = I-135 concentration.
How is Xenon Removed?
- Xenon removed by :
- 1) beta decay to Cesium-135
- 2) burned out by absorbing a neutron
- lambdaXe=Decay constant for Xe-135 = 2.12 x 10-5 sec-1.
- NXe = Xe-135 concentration.
- sigma= Xe-135 microscopic absorption cross section.
- phi =thermal neutron flux.
Xenon thumbrules for different times in life?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview