features of what one does, not what one has related to observable elements of action that have implicit functional purposes
the abilities clients demonstrate in the actions they perform
describes observed actions-lifts, chooses, asks, etc.
- language to describe what we see happening
- 1.motor and praxis skills
- 2.sensory-perceptual skills
- 3.emotional regulation skills
- 4.cognitive skills
- 5.communication/interaction skills
differentiate skilled actions form underlying functions-a different vocabulary
skills occur as transactions between the performer's body functions/structure, the demands of the activity and the context in which performance occurs
effective skill performance is not ensured by adequate underlying body function or structures.