Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- D - something humongous and shallow or empty like a cave
- O - something hollow and large
- S. echoing, roomy
- A. filled
- The cave was cavernous and drafty.
- D - something that is not real; an illusion
- O - something that appears but is not really there
- S. fantasy, delusion
- A. real, genuine
The sun was so steamy, it caused me to see a mirage
- adjectiveD - something expensive elaborate, and upscale
- O - something costly and comfortable
- S. deluxe, extravagant
- A. poor, simple
vacation home had three bedrooms and two bathrooms.
- D - extreme happiness and excitement
- O - a feeling of ultimate happiness
- S. bliss, delight
- A. depression, sadness
was so great that everyone noticed it.
- noun / verb
- D - something with substance
- O - something that makes sense
- D - to push something or someone hard
- O -to plunge at something
- S. meaning / push, shove
- A. nonsense / pull
The man thought he was Hercules, when he thrusted
- D - something that bubbles or ripples
- O - make a small bubbling sound
- S. babble, ripple
- A. calm, steady
The water gurgled
due to the heat from the sun.
- D - something that is stiff or inflexible
- O - something unbending or hard
- S. definite, solid
- A. bending, limber
My mom is rigid
with her rules for homework.
- verbD - slow to leave; remain longer than unusual
- O - to remain longer than expected
- S. delay, drift
- A. hurry, leave
The hot air balloon lingered
for two hours longer than scheduled.
- D - a mathematical statement expressing equal amounts
- O - two amounts are equal in a statement
- S. comparison
- A. imbalance
did not equal what the book stated it should.
- pri·ma·ry source
- D - information that provides first hand accounts of what is being researched
- O - information that comes directly from the source
- S. first, original
- A. secondary source
The primary source
of my family's history is my grandmother.
- sec·ond·ar·y source
- D - information that was created later by someone not present
- O - information that comes from someone not present when the event occurred
- S. subsidiary, lesser
- A. primary source
- The secondary source for my report is the encyclopedia.
- Spring Scale
- D - a balance that measures weight by the tension on a helical spring
- O - weight is measured through the tension of a helical spring
The rock registered three pounds on the Spring Scale