Wordly Wise Lesson 13 Book 6
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Blandishment (n) (often plural)
That which is intended to coax or persuade such as flattery; an allurement
- 1. To critisize or express disapproval of
- 2. to represent as of little value
To make one uneasy by embarrassing them
- Coming into existence swiftly and brightly like a meteor
- The young star had a meteoric apearance, raking in 50 grand from his first role.
Acting in an arrogant, domineering way
- Showing exeptionally early development of abilities
- The precocious child spoke three languages by the time she was seven.
- to for acceptance or consideration
- An offer
To say in protest; to raise an objection
- 1. A split or crack
- 2. A break in friendly relationships
Showing intrest and care; concerned
Expressed clearly and in few words; concise
Having to do with trees or wooded areas
- Not favorable; unlucky
- Despite my fear of airplanes, nothing untoward happened on our flight to California.
- 1. A person with great skill in some art, espescially in music
- 2. Done with great skill and dash
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview