The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- 65% of total body mass
- Part of water and many organic (carbon-containing) molecules.
- Forms back bone chains and rings of all organic molecules; carbohydrates, lipids (fats), proteins, and nucleic acids.
- Consitutent of water and most organic molecules; ionized form (H+) makes body fluids more acidic.
- component of all proteins and nucleic acids.
Strengthes bones, iodized form of(Ca++), needed for blood clotting,release of hormones , and contraction of muscles.
component of nucleic acid and ATP (molecules used to store chemicalenergy), required for normal bone and tooth structure.
Ionized form of (K+) is mostplentiful caution(positively-charged Particals), inside cells; needed for nerve activity.
Component of some vitamins and many proteins.
- Ionized for of (Na+) is the most plentiful cation in extracelluar fluid. essential for maintaining water balance, needed for nerve activity.
- Ionized form of (Cl-) anion(- charged partical) in extracellular fluid; essential for maintaining watter balance.
Ionized forms (Mg++)needed for many enzymes (oxygen-carry protein in red blood cells) and some emzymes.
Ionized forms (Fe++ and Fe+++) are part of hemoglobin (oxygen-carrying protein in red blood cells) and some enzymes .
Aluminum(Al), boron(B), chromium(Cr), cobalt(Co), copper(Cu), fluorine(F), iodine(I), maganese(Mn), and zinc(Zn).