Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
List the ways that statics are used.
1. To make decisions in business
- 2. To organize, analyze, transform
- data, and to present the information
What is the differences between descriptive and inferential statistics?
- Descriptive is for organizing,
- summarizing, and presenting data.
Inferential is a decision,estimate, prediction, or generalization about a population based on a sample .
What is the difference between a sample and a population?
Population is all of the possible individuals or objects.
Sample is a smaller portion of the population.
What is the difference between qualitative and quantitative variables?
Qualitative is non-numerical and Quantitative is numerical
What are the differences between discrete and continuous variables?
- Discrete can only assume certain values.
- i.e. Number of rooms in a house or number of hammers at the Home Depot.
- Continuous can assume any value within a specified range.
- i.e. tire pressure, temperature, body weight…
Name the levels of measurement in data.
Nominal Level- cannot be arranged and has no value (eye color survey)
Ordinal Level- can be arranged but the differences have no value or are meaningless(soda taste test)
Interval Level - can be arranged and differences between data values are meaningful. There is no natural zero point. (temperature)
Ratio Level - same as interval except has an inherent zero starting point (milesdriven daily)
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview