Vocabulary Lesson 1
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
v. To express deep regret or sorrow for.
- adj. 1. Without resources or possessions, especially the necessities of life.
- 2. Lacking; devoid of
- Destitution n.
- v. To take away, especially from the value, beauty, or importance.
- Detractor n.
- v. To set free from slavery; to liberate.
- Emancipation n.
v. To praise highly.
- adj. Excessively showy; unrestrained
- n.1. A driving force; anything that causes an action.
- 2. Increased activity resulting from a driving force.
adj. Incapable of being overcome or defeated.
adj. Not continuous; happening at intervals.
n. A general truth or rule of conduct; a short saying
adj. Required or demanded.
- v. 1. To measure the depth of water.
- 2. To reach the deepest part of.
- 3. To understand by examing closely;to solve
- adj. Straight up and down; vertical.
- n. A person who wanders from place to place.
n. A face, especially one that expresses feeling
- v. 1. To coax by using sly persuasion or insincere praise
- 2. To gain by using sly persuasion or insincere praise.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview