Choose the normal characteristics of vital signs that the nurse should expect when assessing a 9-year-old girl.
1. blood pressure and pulse are higher than those of boys the same age
2. blood pressure, pulse, and respirations are close to adult levels
3. blood pressure is higher, but pulse and respirations are lower than the adult
4. blood pressure, pulse, and respirations are higher than those of a 6-year-old girl
- Answer: 2
- Rationale: During this period of childhood, vital sign normal values approach those of adults.