Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
to derice as a conclusion from facts or premises; to guess; to surmise
- (from Gk. verb meaning "to perceive")
- relating to or dealing with the beautiful; responsive to or zealous about the beautiful
a constitutional or statutory right or privilege, especailly the right to vote
disposed to seek revenge; spiteful
- (L. dis-, apart + fundere, to pour)
- dispersion; dissemination
to make easier
(L, dis-, apart+seminare, to sow) to spread abroad as though sowing seed
any of various devices or pieces of material for reducing shock due to contact; something lying between two larger rival powers
(Gk. asulos, inviolable, from a-, without + sule, right of seizure) an inviolable place or refuge and protection- sanctuary; protection from arrest and extradition given especailly to political refugees
a desendant, child, esp. one of royal stock; a detached living portion of a plant joined to a stock in grafting
- 1. An aggressive entrance into foreign territory; a raid or invasion.
- 2. The act of entering another's territory or domain.
- 1. To inspire or influence thoroughly; pervade: work imbued with the revolutionary spirit.
- 2. To saturate, impregnate, or dye.
- 1. To take another's possessions or rights gradually or stealthily: encroach on a neighbor's land.
- 2. To advance beyond proper or former limits: desert encroaching upon grassland.
- 1. Extremely persistent in adhering to or doing something; stubborn or relentless
- 2. Holding together firmly; cohesive: a tenacious material.
- 1. To seize (private property) for the public treasury, especially as a penalty for wrongdoing.
- 2. To seize by authority
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview