Foundations of Nursing.txt
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- author "me"
- fileName "Foundations of Nursing"
- tags ""
- description ""
- Civil war defining characteristics
- 1. First Navy nurses
- 2. Beginning of hospital-based nursing schools.
Crimean War defining characteristics
Florence Nightingale sent to Scutari to be superintendent of nurses
Korean war defining characteristics
- 1. Army nurses first American women to be dispatched to combat zones.
- 2. MASH
Persian Gulf war defining characteristics
Exposure to chemocal weapons
Revolutionary War defining characteristics
Catholic nuns gave the only formal nursing care.
Vietnam War defining characteristics
- 1. Benefits of improved technology
- 2. Male nurses
- 3. Nurse Training Act of 1964
- 4. Treated children with skin and intestinal diseases
WW I defining characteristics
- 1. 20,000 nurses sent by ARC
- 2. Army School of Nursing
WW II defining characteristics
- 1. 20% of nurses caused US shortage
- 2. Fed funding went straight to nursing schools instead of hospitals
- 3. Black students heavily recruited
- 4. Flight nursing developed
- 5. Health Amendments Act after.war
First president of ARC.
- Focus on mentally ill.
- Organized first US Army Nurse Corps
- Sanitation and nutrition
- Immediate results
- Crimean War
- US Cadet Nurse Corps
- Nurse Training Act of 1943
Established International Red Cross
Study for Protestant deaconesses in nursong training
Influenced current movement for independent rn practice
First visiting nurse in Manhattan
First US black nurse
Melinda (Linda) Richards
America's first trained nurse
New England Hospital for Women & Children
First nursing school
Worked in Freeman's Village in Arlington Heights VA
- Unification model
- American Assembly for Men in Nursing
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview