Wordly Wise lesson 15
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
To emphasize or stress
Aficiando (spanish word now part of our language) (n)
An enthusiastic supporter or follower
- 1. A thing or event that precedes another
- Robert Fultons submersible craft was the antecedent of today's submarine.
- 2. Going before; preceding
- Many years of research were antecedent to this drug's being sold without prescription.
Moving or tending away from the center
- 1. Having numerous coils or folds
- 2. Complicated; intricate
To kill by cutting off the head
Not straightforward; insencere
Too evident to be doubted; unquestionable
Dulled or wearied by excess or overindulgence
Deriving pleasure from being mistreated mentally or physically
Force or speed of movement; force or energy that keeps something moving
Going out of use; becoming obsolete
- 1. Having possibility or capability
- 2. The capacity for growth or developement
The internal organs of the body
Felt strongly, as if in the viscera
- 1. An act of consciously choosing or doing
- 2. The power of choosing
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview