Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What device is used to grow anaerobic bacteria?
Gas Pack Anaerobic System
Why did we incubate a plate of bacteria outside of this device?
It was a control - only aerobes will grow outside of device.
How does this device work?
- Water is added to gas generator packet to produce hydrogen & carbon dioxide.
- Palladium catalyzes reaction btwn hydrogen & oxygen. It creates water (condensation) inside of jar.
- If methylene blue strip turns blue - oxygen is present.
- If methylene blue stays colorless - no oxygen is present.
- Only anaerobes will grow in the jar.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview