The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- developed a form of therapy aimed to resolve unconcious conflicts
- he did not use experimental method
- used case studies and observation
- identified "Classical conditioning" through dogs
- dogs could learn to addociate a bell with an automatic behaviour
proposed animal research could help explain human behaviour
John B. Watson
- extended classical conditioning to children
- conducted the "Little Albert" experiment
- developed OPERANT CONDITIONING
- it ises reinforcement and punishment to shape behaviours
- demonstrated children learn by social observation or modeling
- people can learn without any overt change in behaviour
- Father of Humanistic Psychology
- developed "client-centered therapy"
- developed theory of motivation
- developed a "Hierarchy of Needs"
coined the term "cognitive Psychology" as a study of information processing
used surgical techniqes to attempt to locate all areas of the brain responsible for memory, learning, and other functions
condicted SPLIT BRAIN research on animals
- the father of psychology
- believed the brain should NOT be studied
- study the process and content of consciousness
What is Voluntarism and who believed in it?
- Belief that most behaviour is motivated and that attention is focused for an explicit purpose
- Wilheml Wundt believed in Voluntarism
He formed the school of Structuralism in the USA
This early psychologist sought to desribe mental experiences
What is Structuralism and who believed in it?
- An attempt to try to identify all of the basic concepts of consciousness
- Edward thitchrer opened up the school of Structuralism
This early psychologist set up the first psychology lab at Harvard
this early psychologist started the school of FUNCTIONALISM
What is FUCNTIONALISM
Emphasizes the function of the mind in adapting to a changing environment