Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is an explorer?
Somebody that travels to unfamiliar places to find out more about them
Why didn't people in Europe know about people know about other continents?
Ships and boats that could travel longer distances were not invented yet.There was no way for long distance travels
What invention started the adage of exploration and how?
The printing press
Books could be made easer and fore less money and so more people could afford them .
Why were the people interested in traveling away from Europe?
What were they looking for?
- - new and easier trade routes from Europe to far away parts of Asia
- - they wanted to go to countries like India, Japan and China
First explorer to reach the Americas ( north and south America)
Found the Silk Road or trade routes
- 1492- sailed for queen Isabella to find a trade route around the Muslims.
- Ended up in the America's (Bahamas)
Named the natives Indians because he thought he was in the East Indies
- Sailed to South America
- Realized that Columbus had found a new continent
Juan Ponce de Leon
- First Spaniard to land in the United States
- He landed in Florida
Landed in Mexico and conquered the Aztecs
First to sail around the world
Wanted to find away around the americas back to Asia
Giovanni da Verrazano
First to explore new England and the east coast
Reached south America and conquered the Incas
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview