The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
supply chain network design
includes physical structure and the business process included in the system
information technology design
enables data sharing, communication, and process synchronization. backbone of scm
structured set of activities or steps with specified outcomes, have stuctural and resource constraints, important for how linked.
managing sc processes
- transactional view - focus on making more efficient and effective based on qualitative metrics. achieved through redesign, standardizing transactions, implementing better IT
- relationship view - focus on managing relationships across supply chain. involves people, organizations, and link-up of processes
theory of constraints
goldratt, the goal. every system has oneor more limiting factor that is preventing achievement of goal. link must be identified for improvement. Constraints, system variaiton, capacity implications.
stages of supply chain intergration
- 1. organizational functions are independent
- 2. functions are intergrated within the organization
- 3. functions are intergrated across the supply chain
involves ownership of upstream suppliers and downstream customers, still used, more focus on core competencies
supply chain network physical structure
- 1, number of companies in chain
- 2. structural dimensions of network
- 3. number of process links across chain
enterprise resource planning
fully intergrated computer based technology used by organizations to manage resources throughout the supply chain. Facilitates flow of information between all business functions inside org and manage connections in sc