Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
- Noun:A large group of people or things of a particular kind.A group of birds, particularly when closely gathered on the ground.
- Synonyms:flock - herd - swarm - crowd - cluster - group - troop
- Adjective:Giving the impression that something harmful or evil is happening or will happen.Wicked or criminal.
- Synonyms:ominous - evil - portentous - baleful - inauspicious
- Verb:Feel or express strong disapproval of (something): "we deplore this act of violence".
- Synonyms:bewail - regret - mourn - lament - bemoan - rue - weep
- Verb:Smile in an irritatingly smug, conceited, or silly way.
- Noun:A smug, conceited, or silly smile: "a self-satisfied smirk".
- Synonyms:verb. simper - grinnoun. grin - simper
- Noun:A tube made of fur or other warm material into which the hands are placed for warmth.A mistake or failure, esp. a failure to catch or receive a ball cleanly.
- Verb:Handle (a situation, task, or opportunity) clumsily or badly.
- Adjective:Covered by or having the consistency of slime.Disgustingly immoral, dishonest, or obsequious.
- Synonyms:muddy - oozy - mucous - sludgy
- Noun:The action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.
- Verb:Make false and damaging statements about (someone).
- Synonyms:noun. calumny - libel - defamation - aspersion - obloquyverb. defame - calumniate - traduce - vilify - backbite - libel
- Verb:Suggest or call attention to indirectly; hint at.Mention without discussing at length.
- Synonyms:hint - refer - intimate - suggest - imply - mention
- Noun:A form of decoration consisting of thin strips of shiny metal foil.Showy or superficial attractiveness or glamour.
- Noun:A short cloth gaiter covering the instep and ankle.A petty quarrel.The spawn or larvae of shellfish, esp. oysters.
- Verb:Quarrel pettily.
- Synonyms:quarrel - altercate
- Noun:A strong feeling of something about to happen, esp. something unpleasant.
- Synonyms:presentiment - warning - augury - hunch - caution
- Verb:Accept something reluctantly but without protest.
- Synonyms:consent - agree - assent - accede - comply
Adjective:(of a person or their manner) Fussily and excessively respectable.(of clothes) Overadorned with details such as ruffles and bows.
Adjective:(of a person) Fastidious about one's needs or requirements; hard to please: "he is very fussy about what he eats".Showing excessive or anxious concern about detail.
- mutilate, disfigure, or damage by cutting, tearing, or crushing:
- "mangled beyond recognition"; "mangling Bach on the piano".Press or squeeze with a mangle.
- Noun:A large machine that uses heated rollers to iron sheets or other fabrics.
- Synonyms:mutilate - maim
- Verb:Inflict a violent and disfiguring injury on.Inflict serious damage on.
- Synonyms:maim - mangle - lame
- Verb:Wound or injure (someone) so that part of the body is permanently damaged.
- Synonyms:mutilate - lame - mangle - disable
- Adjective:Giving the impression that something bad or unpleasant is going to happen.
- Synonyms:sinister - portentous - inauspicious - threatening
- Adjective:(of a person or part of the body) Gracefully thin.(esp. of a rod or stem) Of small girth or breadth.
- Synonyms:slim - thin - slight - tenuous - svelte - fine - delicate
- Noun:A slender candle.
- Verb:Diminish or reduce or cause to diminish or reduce in thickness toward one end: "the tail tapers to a rounded tip".
- Synonyms:noun. coneverb. sharpen
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview