The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the epithelial tissue?
- It cover exposed surfaces, lines the internal passageways
- and chambers and produce glandular secretions
What is the connective tissue?
- Fills internal spaces, provides structural support and
- stores energy
What is apical surface?
Exposed while the basal surface is connected to deeper coneective tisse with basement membrane
Does epithelial tissue vascular or avascular?
- Avascular: cells must obtain nutrients across
- attached or exposed surfaces
Describe tight junction
- Prevent the diffusion of fluids and solutes between the
Describe gap junctions
- Permit the free diffusion of ions and small molecules
- between two cells through embedded proteins (connexons/channels)
Attaches a cell to extracellular structures