Articles of Confederation- 2
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What was the solution for strong central gov vs strong states?
- A federal republic:
- is formed in which gov powers ar shared between the central gov and state gov
What was the solution for large state vs small states?
- The Great Compromise:
- Legislative branch was made up of 2 houses (bicameral)
- Representation was equal amoung the states in the senate,
- Representation was based on population in the House of Representatives
What was the solution for north vs south?
- 3/5 Compromise:
- Slaves counted for 3/5 of a person when determining a state's representation in congress and taxes
(3/5 Compromise) Why did Southern states no want to grant central gov the power to regulate foreign trade?
For fear that it would outlaw the slave trade
What was the solution for 3/5 Compromise?
- Commerce Compromise:
- Southern states agreed to federal power to regulate foreign trade as long as it promised not to interfere with the slave trade for at least 20 years
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview