The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the two types of plants?
Vascular and nonvascular
What are the characteristics of a vascular plant?
- a. Do not have size imitation
- b. To be systems to carry water and nutrients to the top of the plants no matter how tall it is.
What are the characteristics of a non vascular plant?
- a. Are usually small plants
- b. Can survive without a transport system
- c. Grow very close to the ground
- d. Absorb the water they need directly from the ground
What are the two main types of seed plants? Describe each.
- a.Gymnosperm - these are plants that do not produce a flower, naked seed (no covering) cone baring trees like pine and fir
- b. Angiosperm - flowering plants. Seeds are covered by some kind of fruit.
What are the three main parts of a plant?
- a. Roots are important
- 1. Hold (ancho) the plant in the ground
- 2. Draw up water and minerals from the soil
- 3. Store food for the plant
- b. Stems
- c. Leaves