Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Homeostasis: body’s attempt to
- maintain a constant internal environment; involves three parts or mechanisms:
3 parts of homeostasis
- detects change in the environment; sends message to control center
- center- determines what needs to be done and sends message to effector
- – performs some function to return environment to balanced state
Negative Feedback – the action of the effector reverses the direction of change; stabilizing effect
- · Temperature regulation –
- body senses COLD, feedback causes shivering which causes the body to WARM up
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview