Biomed Module 3
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Carbohydrates ="Water Carbon"
- Always one carbon plus one water(H2O): formula
- For example, Glucose and Fructose (x=6) C6H12O6
- Soluable in water.
More carbon than water; repel water (Hydrophobic)
Proteins (Made up of amino acids)
- Amino acids alwasy contain carbon, hydrogen, oxygen and nitrigen.
- some amino acids include sulfer.
- Sugar backcone plus nitrogen base
- nitrogen base with one or two rings.
- - One-Ring pyrimidines (uracil, thymine, cytosine)
- -Two-rings purines (adenine, guanine)
- Deoxyribose backebone:deoxyribonucleic acid(DNA )
- Ribose backbone: ribosenucleic acid(RNA)
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview