Doppler Instrumentation Part Two
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is Quadrature Phase Detection?
Signal processing to identify the forward and receive components of the complex Doppler signal.
What is transmit power?
- Varies the power applied to a txdr.
- Higher power setting result in larger amplitude signals and increased acoustic exposure to patients.
What is Doppler gain?
- Adjusts the amt of amplification or gain of the receive signals.
- Does not increase patient exposure.
- Increases the brightness of the spectrum; the brightness can be referred to as the magnitude or amplitude.
What is volume?
Adjusts the volume of the Doppler audio.
What is PRF/Velocity scale?
- This controls the PRF and therefore the velocity limits of the display.
- Uses a higher PRF to detect higher velocities
- Uses a lower PRF to detect lower velocities.
What is Wall Filter?
- It removes these low frequency signals from the display.
- It does not affect the higher peak Doppler shifts.
What is sample volume, range gate, sample gate or gate?
- The depth, size and position of the range gate is adjustable.
- It is determined by: beam width, gate length and pulse length.
What is Flow angle cursor/angle correction cursor?
- Angle cursor is positioned by the operator so that it follows the direction of flow (parallel to vessel wall).
- Angle correction bar is seen diagonally through the range gate relatively parallel to the vessel walls.
What is Sweep?
- Adjusts the scrolling speed of the Doppler spectrum.
- Adjusts the horizontal axis (time) of the spectral display.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview