The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
To find evidence to support the stages of moral development.
58 middle class boys from Chicago, age 7, 10, 13 and 16.
Each boy was given a two hour interview with ten dilemmas.
Why was this a longitudinal study?
Some of the boys were followed up at three yearly intervals up to the age of 30.
Younger boys preformed at?
Level 1, stages 1 and 2.
Older boys preformed at?
Level 2, stages 3 and 4.
- Stage 1, Punishment and obedience orientation.
- Stage 2, Hedonistic orientation.
- Stage 3, Interpersonal concordance orientation.
- Stage 4, Law and order orientation.
- Stage 5, Social contract orientation.
- Stage 6, Universal ethical principles orientation.
- There does not seem to be support across cultures for the stage theory.
- UK, Mexico, Taiwan, Turkey, USA and Yukatan.