Nervous system and calculating
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Where are parasympathetic fibers?
arise from cranial/sacral portions of spinal cord
Where are sympathetic fibers?
leave cord primarily from throacic/lumbar regions
What is the difference between sympathetic and parasympathetic?
- sympathetic: fight or flight, not essential to life
- parasympathetic: controls daily bodily functions
Efferent nerve fibers
send nerve signals AWAY FROM brain/spinal cord to neuroeffector sites
Afferent nerve fibers
Send nerve impulses from periphery TO spinal cord
Inflammatory cell mediator recptors
- platelet-activating factor
sympathetic innervation and effects
- Airway smooth muscle
- lung blood vessels
- mucous glands
Parasympathetic innervation and effects
- muscarinic receptors in teh airway
- muscarinic receptors on blood vessels
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview