FC - National Military Strategy (131ABB06).txt
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
POTUS NSC Roles
- Senior Member & Chairman
- Responsible for strategic direction
Statutory Members of the NSC
- Vice President
- Secretary of Defense
- Secretary of State
Statutory Advisors to the NSC
- Director of National Intelligence
- Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
Operational Control (OPCON)
- May organize & employ, assign tasks,designate objectives.
- No logisitics, admin or training authority.
Tactical Control (TACON)
- May assign movement & maneuver, operations.
- No logistics or admin control.
Support Relationship Tasks
National Security Strategy
- Employs elements of national power (DIME)
- Directed & approved by POTUS, created by NSC
National Military Strategy
- Based on National Security Strategy and National Defense Strategy
- Provides focus to the military
- Approved by CJCS
National Policy Ways, Means, Ends
- Ways: Broad course of action or statems of guidance adopted by the government at the national level in pursuit of national objectives.
- Means: Military capabilities required to execute the strategy.
- Ends: National objectives achieved across all areas of national power.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview