Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Percent as fraction
- part/total = %
- % * total = part
- part/% = total
- New- old
- if given in percents units for absolute change are percentage points
Absolute and Relative difference
- not absolute change
- percentage more than; percentage less than
- larger-smaller/the quantity after "than"
Increasing or decreasing by a percent
- # * (1 + .%) = Pecent increase
- # * (1 - .%)= Percent decrease
Successive percentage change
- multiple increases or decreases in percent
- org # * (1 +or- .%) = X
- X * (1 +or- .%) =Y
- continue as needed
Solve for Original
- Finding original # that has been reduced = new/(1-.%)
- Finding original # that has been increased = new/(1+.%)
percent more or less than
- Assuming A=5; B=4
- A is what percent more than B =25% more
- B is what percent less than A =20% less
- Assuming A=5; B=4
- A is what percent of B = 125%
- B is what percent of A = 80%
Rate per 10,000
Example death rates of hunting
- 600 deaths/2000000 hunters = .0003
- .0003*10,000 = 3
- 3 deaths per 10,000 participants
- y = mx + b
- where m=slope or rate of change
- b= y intercept or inital value
- yintercept or inital value= y value when x equals 0
Rate of change formula?
- y = P*(1+or-r)^x
- Where P = inital value(value of y when x = 0)
- r = percent change (in decimal form)
- x = independent variable (usually time)
- y = dependent variable
For an increase of 1 in x, y increases or decreases by a constant percent change.
as the x variable increases by 1, the y variable increases or decreases by a certain amount (rate of change)
Finding ratio of CPI?
new years CPI/old years CPI = CPI ratio
Converting to constant dollars?
X dollars in old year is worth how much in new year constant dollars
new year CPI/ old year CPI * X dollars = X dollars in new year constant dollars
Annual Inflation rate?
- Percentage change in the CPI in one year from previous year
- for example
- 1996 CPI-1995CPI/1995 CPI = Inflation rate
162.6-157.9/157.9 = 3.0% inflation rate for 1996
Finding monthly payments using excel?
- fx icon in formula bar
- drop down menu > finacial > PMT > box appears
- Enter rate = APR (as a decimal) divided by 12
- Enter NPer (total # of payments)= # of years *12
- Enter Pv (principal) = amount of loan as negative # no commas
Absolute cell reference?
used to lock in a cell reference in a formula when working on tables so that as formula moves down the table it still refers to correct cell.
enter cell reference than hit F4 button
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview