Consumer Beh ch 5
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
a segment of a larger culture whose members share distinguishing values and patterns of behavior.
- African Americans
- Asian Americans
- Native Americans
- Asian-Indian Americans
- Arab Americans
those subcultures whose members’ unique shared behaviors are based on a common racial, language, or nationality background.
African American Buying Power
- $799 billion in buying power
- Expected to grow by more than 30% over the next five years
- African Americans are younger than the white population
- Tend to have less education and lower household income levels
- 1/3 of black household incomes >$50,000.
Hispanic American Buying Power
- $798 billion in buying power
- Expected to grow by 50% by 2011
- Income, education, language, and identification with Hispanic culture change across generations
Asain American Buying Power
- Highest educated and the highest income group
- Purchase power is $427 billion
- Expected to grow by 46% by 2011
- Most diverse group, with numerous nationalities, languages, and religions
Native American Purchasing Power
- Approximately 550 Native American tribes
- Limited incomes
- $54 billion in buying power
- Expected to grow by 35% by 2011
Asian-Indian American Buying Power
- Well educated, affluent, and fluent in English
- Retain cultural ties to their Indian background
Arab American Buying Power
- Somewhat younger then the general population
- Better educated, and have a higher than average income
Regional subcultures arise because of......
- climate conditions
- natural environment and resources
- significant social and political events
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview