Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
1. Market segmentation is most likely useful to firms that need to do which of the following?
- devise marketing strategies for specific customer groups.
- Global market segment: a
- group of customersthat share common characteristics across many national markets. Firms target these buyers with relatively
- uniform marketing programs. E.g., the global youth segment who are customers to MTV, Levi’s. The global segment of jet-setting business executives.
A global market segment can best be defined as which of the following?
- an international group of customers with common characteristics
A standardized marketing approach is most likely appropriate in which of the
Which of the following will most likely be a result of standardization?
Adaptation is most appropriate in countries with which of the following
- efficient national infrastructure
Adaptation is more costly than standardization because ________.
Adaptation is costly. May require substantial changes to products, manufacturing operations, (lower) pricing, distribution, and marketing communications
- products must be redesigned for numerous foreign markets
Introducing a new product across several countries simultaneously is known by
which of the following terms?
1. global product launch
2. international marketing
3. global product staging
4. regional product sale
All of the following are external factors that impact international pricing
1. manufacturing costs
2. value-added taxes
3. shipping and handling
4. packaging and labeling
1. manufacturing costs
Which of the following is a primary cause of gray market activity?
1. a firm’s inability to control production and distribution costs
2. a significant difference in price between national distributors
3. a firm’s decision to flood the market with substandard products
4. a large price difference between two countries for the same product
- a large price difference between two countries for the same product
Amazon is an example of a firm characterized by which of the following?
1. ‘brick-and-mortar’ book retailing
2. direct marketing
3. long distribution channels
4. face-to-face marketing communications
11. Channel length can best be defined as which of the
1. the different government departments that charge fees for imports
2. the individuals involved in gray market business transactions
3. the number of intermediaries between the manufacturer and the retailer
4. the length of time it takes for goods to be developed and manufactured
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview