Anatomy I Test 2
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
List four Functions of the Skin
- 1 - acts as a protective covering to the body
- 2 - helps to regulate body temperature
- 3 - serves as a bed for sensory nerve receptors
- 4 - helps to eliminate certain body wastes
List at least four Factors that influence skin color:
- 1 - amount of pigments present in the skin
- 2 - amount of blood in the superficial capillaries
- 3 - state of health of the individual
- 4 - age of the individual
- 5 - climatic conditions which may affect the individual
albinism (or albino)
absence of melanin cells
the outer (external) primary layer of skin. It is composed of Epithelial tissue.
the brownish-black pigments of the skin
due to concentrations of melanin.
outgrowth of the epidermis
cylindrical cavity containing
the skin and its appendages
a misnomer for the skin, actually comprised of two different types of tissues
the root, the shaft
extends above the surface
finger and toe nails, are specialized epidermal cells
the inner (internal) primary layer of the skin. It is composed of Connective tissue.
Dermis contains the small blood vessels, lymph vessels, and nerves.
Sebaceous Glands - Oil Glands
they secrete sebum, and are usually associated with the hair
Sudoriferous Glands - Sweat Glands
they secrete sudor, and are found on most body surfaces
Ceruminous Glands - "Ear Wax Glands”
they secrete cerumen which helps to protect the ear canal
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview