Minnsota Test for Differential diagnosis of Aphasia takes _______ to administer and is ________.
Plus minus- correct-incorrect is considered ______________.
supplement with margin notes is considered ________________.
PICA stands for
The Porch Index of communicative Abilities
Genereal charateristics of the PICA
1. quick to admin.
2. highly constrained in adminstration procedures
3. 10 primary stimulus items across various tasks
4. 10 test stimuli used in each of 18 subtest (standard order with standard material
5. hierarchy of difficulty from more diff to less diff
6. should be adminstered within one session
7. Responses scored on a 16pt binary system based on accuracy, responsiveness, completeness, promptonesss and efficiency.
8. Recovery curve- plots scores with subtests ordered in decreasing difficulty.
BDAE stands for
The Boston Diagnostic Aphasia Examination
The Boston Diagnostic Aphasia Examination is a ________________ assessment of strengths and weaknesses in all language areas as a guide to thereapy.
Speech characteristics described using _______ descriptors.
WAB stands for
Western Aphasia Battery
Wester Aphasia Battery is similar to the _________ test.
BEST stands for
Bedside evaluation screening test
Bedside evaluation screening test is an _____________ evaluation.
Free standing tests of speech and language include
Revised Token Test
Auditory Comprehension Test for Sentences
Northwestern Syntax Screening Test
Test for Auditory comprehension of Language-Revised
Single word comprehension test include
What test tests sentence comprehension
Token Test (20 tokens, 5 levels of comprehension)
The Revised Token Test is ____________ and more _________________ version of the Token.
longer, elaborate (10 subtests with 10 equally difficult comments)
Which test includes norms for non-brain injured adults
TACL-R- Test for Auditory comprehension fo Language Revised
What variables affect sentence comprehension?
Which test would you use for discourse comprehension?
MTTDA- Minnesota and the BDAE- Boston
"misnomer" tasks actually consist of comprehension and recall of spoken paragraphs; very little "conversation is involved in these tasks.
- a story is read to the pt, followed by comprehension questions.
automatic speech sequences
For Naming tasks use:
Picture, object or confrontation naming
Responsive naming- answering simple questions
Word fluency measure- say in one minute as many words as you can that start with...-
the ______ naming Test can also be used for naming.
the Boston naming test consists of ______ line drawings presented individually and word familiarity __________.