The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Glare on eyeglasses
Reflets sur les lunettes
n banner [ˈbӕnə]
- 1 a military flag. bannière شِعار
- 2 a large strip of cloth bearing a slogan etc Many of the demonstrators were carrying banners. banderole رايَه، عَلَم
En l'absence de
Reprocher, blâmer, lama
Radical, motarrif, jadri
Devoir, avoir une dette
Bichaklin khani3, bichaklin ghadi3
En grande partie, largement.
The président compaign
Le président de la compagne
- n : Campagne, 7amlaton intikhabiya, siyassiya
- Vi : faire compagne pour qch, contre sch
- Ya9omo bi7amla
Membre de personnel
Expression of praise, thanks etc : jizya, thana2- hommage
- 2i9tabassa, citer,
- I quote passages from inspirational books when giving advice to friends
- Sacrifier ou déposer
- Soldiers lay down their lives to protect their country
The name of à newspaper
Sa7ato alma3raka, sa7ato al9ital
- nmp : Les bureaux de vote, urnes
- n : sondage
- Submerger ; yaghmoro : he was overhelmed with work/ grief
- Ecraser ; sa7i9, 3adim : an overhelming victory.
V : Defend against attack exp. He stood up for his friend.
Markazo al3amal, lieu d'affectation
- Verb : 2azala 2assitar; inaugurer, dévoiler; "he unveiled his latest artwork at the exhibit".
- The prime minister was asked to unveil the plaque on the wall of the new college".
- Adj : tout neuf, marka jadida.
- "Apple unveiled the brand-new iPhone 5 yesterday, and it's got Apple fans in a frenzy".
A person who keeps and updates a shared online journal : " food bloggers know exactly what cuisine to feature in their sites ".
- Tassarrob 2al ma3lomat.
- To give secret information to someone or to the public:"the military prevents any top secret information from leaking."
- A person who likes and admires someone or something: " My friends and i are fans of exotic food and wines ".
- Jonoun, thawaran, 2ihtiyaj.
- She waited in a frenzy of anxiety.
- Frenziedly : bijonoun, bikhabal.
VOA 60 WORLD: Chinese Forces Conduct a Landing Drill (24 Sep 12)
PROPHET, WOUND, MEDIUM, SCANDAL, EXHIBIT
- -to take something that belongs to you or that you deserve : "he claimed his suitcasses at the baggage counter"
- يُصَرِّحُ أنه المالِك
- -prendre quelque chose qui vous appartient ou que vous méritez
- -"an area claimed by china and japan" :
- "une zone revendiquée par la Chine et le Japon" :
- منطقة يطالب بها الصين واليابان
- [chinese forces conducting a landing drill : procéder à un exercice d'atterrissage]
- 1- to make (a hole) with a drill He drilled holes in the wood; to drill for oil. يَثْقُب
- 2- (of soldiers etc) to exercise or be exercised The soldiers drilled every morning.يَتَدَرَّب
- v abuse [əˈbjuːz]
- 1 to insult or speak roughly to She abused the servants. يَشْتُم، يُهِين،يَذُم
- 2 to use wrongly, usually with harmful results She abused her privileges by taking too long a holiday. يُسِيء إسْتِعْمَال
- adj aˈbusive [-siv]using insulting language He wrote an abusive letter to the manager. بَذِيء، مُهِين
- adv aˈbusively بِبَذَاءَة، بِإهَانَة
- n aˈbusiveness بَذَاءَة، إهَانَة، إعْتِسَافيَشْتُم، يُهِين،يَذُم
resignation [ˌrɛzɪgˈneɪʃən] n
- (from job, post, office) → démission f
- to tender one's resignation → donner sa démission
- to announce one's resignation → annoncer sa démission (= acceptance) → résignation f
bullfighting [ˈbʊlfaɪtɪŋ] n
- (= entertainment) → courses fpl de taureaux
- I'd ban bullfighting → J'interdirais les courses de taureaux.
- the tradition of bullfighting → la tradition de la tauromachie
Motivate Employees with Blended Learning
MOTIVE, BORE, QUIZ, ALONGSIDE, QUALIFY
Motivate Employees with Blended Learning : Motiver les employés avec l'apprentissage mixte
aheadadv ahead [əˈhed]
- [How to always stay two steps ahead]
- (often withof) in front; in advance He went on ahead of me; We are well ahead (of our rivals). en avant (de)
smoothadj smooth [smuːð]
without problems or difficulties a smooth journey; His progress towards promotion was smooth and rapid. سَلِس، بِدون مَشاكِل
- sceptique [sɛptik] qui ne croit pas معتنق مذهب الشك ,يرتاب
- having or expressing doubt about something: "I am skeptical about ghosts because I haven't seen one."
- 1 to know; to understand I realize that I can't have everything I want; I realized my mistake. يُدْرِك، يَفْهَم
- to understand or sense something: "She realizes how valuable money is these days."
- un modèle standard نموذج ثابت
- widely accepted as usual or normal: "This car has the standard features you would expect."
additionally or also: "Moreover, the problem discussed will worsen if we don't help."
a short spoken or written test: "I had a lot of quizzes today at school."
- جنبا إلى جن, بجانب
- next to or together with someone or something: "My friend was driving his car alongside ours on the highway."
- le long de
- an educational presentation done online: "I am taking webinars about creating apps."
VOA 60 World: Syrian Rebels Push Assad Forces out of Aleppo (01 Oct 12)
FLOOD, EVACUATE, CHARGE, CLIFF,
probation [prəˈbeɪʃən] n
- (LAW) → liberté f surveillée
- to put sb on probation [+ offender] → mettre qn en liberté surveillée
- to be given two years' probation [offender] → être condamné(e) à deux ans de liberté surveillée
- to be on probation [offender] → être en liberté surveillée probation order, probation service
- (in employment) (= period) → période f d'essai
- on probation [employee] → à l'essai
- (RELIGION) → noviciat m, probation f
- someone who goes or works underwater using special equipment: "The diver collects oysters for pearls."
- diver → غطاس, plongeur
a high steep rock, especially one facing the sea. جُرف، : falaise : مُنْحَدَر ,صَخْري
- to swim deep under water with an air supply: "The children enjoyed diving and looking for shells."
- diving → الغوص , plongée
- 1 a great overflow of water If it continues to rain like this, we shall have floods. : inondation : طوفان، فَيَضان
- 2 any great quantity a flood of fan mail. سَيْلٌ من، عدد هائِل من déluge
- to (cause something to) overflow with water She left the water running and flooded the kitchen. , : inonder : يُغْرِق، يَغْمُر
- he use of dishonest ways to cheat another person: "That diet book is a fraud because I gained more weight."
- 1-(an act of) dishonesty He was sent to prison for fraud. خِداع، إحْتيال، غِش
- 2-a person who pretends to be something that he isn't That man is not a famous writer, he's a fraud. خَدّاع، غَشّاش، مُزَوِّر
VOA 60 WORLD : Hong Kong Marks China's 63rd Founding Anniversary (02 Oct 12)
Cleric,incumbent, forward, write off, bunch, responsibility, gunning for, leader, rebel, cleric, mark, base on.
- a member of the clergy in any religion: "He entered the monastery and met a cleric."
currently holding an office: "Barack Obama is the incumbent president of the United States."اراك أوباما هو الرئيس الحالي للولايات المتحدة.
- 1 moving on; advancing a forward movement.
- مُتَقَدِّم2 at or near the front The forward part of a ship is called the `bows'. امامي
- 1 (alsoˈforwards) moving towards the front A pendulum swings backward(s) and forward(s). إلى الأمام
- 2 to a later time from this time forward. وصاعِدا، غلى الأمام
- n (in certain team games, eg football, hockey) a player in a forward position.لاعِب هُجوم
- to send (letters etc) on to another address I have asked the post office to forward my mail. يُحَوِّل الرساله إلى bring forward
- 1 (alsoput forward) to bring to people's attention; to cause to be discussed etc They will consider the suggestions which you have brought/put forward. يُقَدِّم، يَقْتَرِح
- 2 to make to happen at an earlier date; to advance in time They have brought forward the date of their wedding by one week. يُقَدِّم
- to consider to be lost, hopeless or unimportant: "We have to write off our worries to succeed in the task."
- "yajibo an la nahtamma wa an la noubali " عدم المبالاة والاهتمام
- a large number of people, places, or things : "There's a bunch of papers and other stuff on my desk."
- a number of things fastened or growing together a bunch of bananas. باقَه
- v (often withuportogether) to come or put together in bunches, groups etc Traffic often bunches on a motorway. يَتَجَمَّعُ، يَزْدَحِمُ
a job or duty that you must do: "It is everyone's responsibility to conserve energy and water."
to try to achieve something in a very determined way : "She is gunning for a promotion next year."
someone or something that guides or is in charge of others: "World leaders will attend an international peace conference."قائد
The History of US Presidential Debates
POLITIC, STAND, OVERPOWER, INCUMBENT, UNDERSTATE
a state in the USA