Team Dylark - Mechanical Properties
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the 6 types of mechanical properties?
Describe the properties of a brittle material.
Wont Deform plastically, But will break suddenly when a force of a certain size acts upon it. Can also be quite weak if they have cracks in them.
Describe the properties of a ductile material.
- It can change shape by drawing them into wires or other shapes.
- They maintain their strength when deformed like this.
- Has a high electrical conductivity.
Describe the properties of a malleable material.
- The shape can be changed fairly easy.
- They wont necessarily maintain their strength.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview