Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Noun:A long deep track made by the repeated passage of the wheels of vehicles.An
- annual period of sexual activity in deer and some other mammals, during
- which the males fight each other for access to the females.
- Verb:Engage in such activity: "a rutting stag".
- Synonyms:groove - furrow - track - routine
- Verb:Tread heavily and noisily, typically in order to show anger.
- Noun:(in jazz or popular music) A tune or song with a fast tempo and a heavy beat.
- Synonyms:stamp - trample
- Verb:Walk in a specified way.
- Noun:A manner or the sound of someone walking.
- Synonyms:verb. step - walk - tramplenoun. step - pace - gait - footstep - walk - footfall
- Verb:(with reference to the fingers or hand) Close into a tight ball, esp. when feeling extreme anger: "she clenched her fists".
- Noun:A contraction or tightening of part of the body.
- Synonyms:clinch - grip - clasp - constrict
- Synonyms:officious - obtrusive - importunate - intrusive
- Verb:Squeeze or constrict the neck of (a person or animal), esp. so as to cause death: "the victim was strangled with a scarf".Sounding as though the speaker's throat is constricted: "a series of strangled gasps".
- Synonyms:choke - throttle - suffocate - stifle - smother
Web definitions:a singer of popular ballads.
- 1. To play (a stringed musical instrument) by stroking or brushing the strings: strum a banjo.
- 2. To play (music) on a stringed instrument in this way: strum chords on a guitar.v.intr.
- To play a stringed instrument by strumming.n. The act or sound of strumming.
- Noun:An informer.
- Synonyms:verb. filch - steal - pilfer - sneak - swipe - denouncenoun. nose - informer - conk - boko
- Verb:Slaughter or cut up (an animal) for food: "the meat will be butchered".
- Kill (someone) brutally.
- Adjective:(of a sound such as a person's voice or the noise of an engine) Deep and rasping: "rich, throaty laughter".
- Synonyms:guttural - hoarse - husky - raucous
- Verb:Have an intense feeling of loss or lack and longing for something.Be filled with compassion or warm feeling.
- Synonyms:long - pine - hanker - crave - aspire - desire - languish
Western US a slang word for man
- Adjective:Full of or characterized by intense anger.
- Synonyms:angry - irate - furious - wroth - ireful
- coarse file or similar metal tool with a roughened surface for
- scraping, filing, or rubbing down objects of metal, wood, or other
- Verb:Scrape (something) with a rasp in order to make it smoother.
- Synonyms:noun. file - graterverb. scrape - grate
- Verb:Depart quickly or hurriedly; run away.
- Noun:A hurried departure or flight.
- Adjective:(of a place) Deserted of people and in a state of bleak and dismal emptiness.
- Verb:Make (a place) bleakly and depressingly empty or bare.
- Synonyms:adjective. forlorn - lonely - solitary - desert - desertedverb. devastate - ravage
- Noun:An acquired or natural skill at performing a task: "she got the knack of it in the end".A tendency to do something.
- Synonyms:skill - ability - dexterity - art - cleverness - trick
- Noun:The part of the human body between the legs where they join the torso.The part of a garment that passes between the legs.
- Synonyms:fork - pitchfork - groin
- Adjective:Stretched or pulled tight; not slack: "the fabric stays taut without adhesive".(esp. of muscles or nerves) Tense; not relaxed.
- Synonyms:tight - tense - strained
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview