Lidocaine Patches vs. Fentanyl Patches
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Which has less severe systemic side effects, lidocaine patches or fentanyl patches?
- lidocaine patches
- lidocaine patches act locally through topical absorption and systemic concentrations of lidocaine are low
- fentanyl patches deliver the drug transdermally for systemic absorption
Which has a shorter onset, lidocaine patches or fentanyl patches?
- lidocaine patches (30 minutes)
- fentanyl patches (12 to 24 hours)
Where are lidocaine patches applied and where are fentanyl patches applied?
- lidocaine patches have to be applied on the surgery site or beside the surgery site
- fentanyl patches can be applied anywhere on the skin
Which kinds of patches can be cut to different sizes, lidocaine patches or fentanyl patches?
Which is a controlled drug, lidocaine patches or fentanyl patches?
Which is more expensive, lidocaine patches or fentanyl patches?
fentanyl patches are more expensive
Can unused, cut portions of lidocaine patches be stored and used on other patients?
What is the duration of lidocaine patches?
Which is less likely to be affected by skin and body temperature, lidocaine patches or fentanyl patches?
lidocain patches because they appear to less reliant on skin absorption to achieve therapeutic plasma concentrations for clinical effect
Can lidocaine patches be applied before surgery?
no, because they have to be place on the surgery site or right beside the surgery site and this would affect the sterile surgical area
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview