The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
advantages of IVP meds?
- direct access
- emergency access
- instant antidotes
- high drug conc route
- control of rate admin
- for IM/SQ that cannot be diluted and irritate
disagvantages of IVP meds
- rapid absorption- no recall
- speed shock
- must be given slowly
- drug interactions- incompatabilities
- proton pump inhibitor
- d/c acid production in stomach, allows esophagus to heal (GERD)
- infuse: 40mg/ 10 mL over 2 mins
- SE: N & V, gas, stomach pain, h/a, i/c risk of bleeding w warfarin
drugs diluted with NS?
- Pepcid (famotodine)
- INR, PT if pt on coumadin
- assess apigastric pain, occult blood in stool
- blocks dopamine receptors, i/c gastric emptying
- SE: EPS, pseudo-parkinson, fever, ALOC
labs for reglan?
not for hx of seizures
- 10-40mg in 1-3 mins
- histamine 2 antagonist/ blocker
- decrease aci in stomach
- tx ulcers
- loop diuretic
- inhibits reabsorption of Na+ and Cl- in loop of henle
thromboembolism, depression, d/c wound healing, fluid retention, muscle weakness, HTN