The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Pure substance with a unique set of properties that cannot be seperated by physical process only by chemical
Non pure substance that has variable properties and can be seperated with a physical process
Pure substance that has a unique set of properties and can never be broken down
Compounds ending in 'ide'
When a metal is combined with a non metal
Do not usually form compounds because they are stable/unreactive because their outer shell is full
A change in the appearance of a substance but it is still the same and are often reversible e.g. melting a candling
- A change that makes a new chemical with different properties and are irriversible e.g. burning paper
- Occurs when theres a change in colour, temperature, dissolving, bubbles/fizzing or a new substance is formed
Law of Conservation of Mass
When nothing is created or destroyed in a chemical reaction the mass of the reactants are the same as the mass of the product
- An organic compund of hydrogen and carbon and is a primary source of energy
- In a solid it is ashphalt
- When it burns it is petrolium or natural gases