The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Nature of perception
exposure --> attention --> interpretation --> memory
- ad avoidance...
- zipping: fast forwarding
- zapping: changing channel
- muting: turning off sound
actively seek out advertisement
Attention is determined by....
- stimulus factors
- individual factors
- situational factors
- physical characteristics...
- color and movement
- position (in retail store, magazine, TV...)
- contrast and expectations
Adaptation level theory
if stimulus doesn't change over time, we habitutate it and begin to notice it less
- distingsuish one from another....
- motivation: consumer interest/needs
- ability: how well info is processed
- stimuli in the environment...
hemispheric lateralization: activities take place on each side of the brain
Aspects of Interpretation
- perceptual relativity
- tends to be subjective
- cognitive interpretation: meaning
- affective interpretation: emotion/feeling
Characteristics of Interpretation
- learning and knwledge (relating blue to icy/cool)
- expectations (evaluate performace and compair)
- situation provides a context
- play a role in consumer interpretation