APR - Advanced Communication Skills - 1%
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Consensus building, unlike the majority rules approach, requires that all parties around the table agree to support the final decision.
Consulting Skills Needed
- Creativity to offer new solutions, new messages and new options
- Good communication skills: written, verbal, electronic, new technology
- In-depth knowledge of the issues to be addressed
- Respect for the individual/group requesting consultation
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality
- Cultural competence and proficiency
- Vision to look beyond the obvious to suggest new possibilities
- A team or partnership approach to work with the individual or group
- Leadership in setting an example for others to follow
- Flexibility in facilitating change or adapting to changing needs
Use of information and power to affect behavior.
- 1. Information: You may perceive that the other side knows more about you and your needs than you know about them and their needs.
- 2. Time: You may perceive that the other side is not under the same kind of time constraints or deadlines as you experience.
- 3. Power: You may perceive that the other side has more power and authority than you think you have.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview