Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Verb:Walk or move at a slow, relaxed pace.
- Noun:A walk at a slow, relaxed pace, esp. for pleasure.
- Noun:A machine or container in which butter is made by agitating milk or cream.
- Verb:Agitate or turn (milk or cream) in a machine in order to produce butter.
Verb:Walk or move wearily or reluctantly.Walk about casually or needlessly.
Noun:A primate of a family (Hominidae) that includes humans and their fossil ancestors.
Verb:Run or move with a long bounding stride: "the dog was loping along by his side".
Adjective:Reluctant to draw attention to oneself; shy.
Noun:A person who wanders from place to place without a home or job.
- Adjective:(esp. of materials with a high melting point, such as metal and glass) Liquefied by heat.
characterized by great swelling waves or surges; "billowy storm clouds"; "the restless billowing sea"; "surging...
- Verb:Give out or reflect small flashes of light: "her glasses were glinting".
- Noun:A small flash of light, esp. as reflected from a shiny surface.
- Synonyms:verb. glisten - sparkle - gleam - glitter - shimmernoun. gleam - flash - glitter - glimmer - twinkle - lustre
- Verb:Munch or chew vigorously and noisily.
- Noun:A chewing noise or action.
- informal term for the nose
- come to a stop
- hit, especially on the head;
- pass from physical life
- pass out from weakness, physical or emotional distress due to a loss of blood supply to the brain
- Noun:A long flat-bottomed boat for carrying freight, typically on canals and rivers, either under its own power or towed by another.
- Verb:Move forcefully or roughly: "we can't just barge into a private garden".
- Synonyms:lighter - scow
- Verb:Make a hollow bubbling sound like that made by water running out of a bottle.
- Noun:A gurgling sound.
- Synonyms:verb. bubble - purl - babble - murmur - gugglenoun. purl - ripple - guggle
- Noun:A water-worn ravine.
- Verb:Erode gullies into (land) by water action.
- Synonyms:ravine - gulch - gorge - gutter - drain - ditch - channel
- Noun:A deep, narrow gorge with steep sides.
- Synonyms:gorge - gully - gulch
- Adjective:(esp. of a person) Unfortunate.
- Synonyms:unfortunate - unlucky - ill-fated - unhappy - wretched
- Verb:Change direction suddenly: "an oil tanker that had veered off course".Slacken or let out (a rope or cable) in a controlled way.
- Noun:A sudden change of direction.
- Synonyms:verb. turnnoun. turn
the feeling you have when you are satisfied with yourself; "his complacency was absolutely disgusting".
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview