Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- author "JLeezy"
- tags "PSL"
- description "Lectures 1-3"
- fileName "Basics"
- freezingBlueDBID -1.0
- Movement of intermembrane proteins
- Only laterally (left/right)
Stiffens membranes and increases fluidity
Amphipathic structures that form lipid bilayers and micelles.
What can go through the plasma membrane?
Hydrophilic molecules; ions are kept out.
An antiport; 3Na+ for every 2K+
Equation for osmolarity
# of dissociated ions * concentration
"Magic number" for iso-/hypo-/hypertonic cells
Fick's Law (diffusion)
- D is the diffusion coefficient; larger molecules have a larger one.
Vant Hoff's Law (osmosis)
- RT represents the free energy due to temp.
Nernst Potentials (Na+, K+, Ca++)
- Na+= +60 mV
- K+= -90 mV
- Ca++= +120 mV
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview