NU100 test 1
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Who was the first African-American in nursing?
injury to one's reputation caused by the spoken word
injury to one's reputation caused by written work
What were the main purposes of the Social Security Act of 1935?
- 1) national old-age insurance system
- 2) federal grants to states for maternal and child welfare services
- 3) vocational rehabilitation services for handicapped
- 4) medical care for crippled children and blind people
- 5) a plan to strengthen public health services
- 6) federal-state unemployment system
an ethical principle stating that one should do good and prevent or avoid doing harm
Define human dignity
respect for inherent worth and uniqueness of individuals and populations
What nursing theory is the foundation for nursing science?
Nightingale's Theory of Practice
What is a "compact state"?
A state in which nursing licensure can be transfered to another within the compact without having to meet additional requirements.
being responsible for one's actions legally, morally, ethically, and/or socially
personal freedom and right to make choices
an ethical principle stating the duty not to inflict harm
What must a nurse inform a patient who is leaving AMA of?
- The fact that leaving the facility could:
- 1) aggravate the current condition and complicate future care
- 2) result in permanent physical or mental impairment or disability
- 3) result in complications leading to death
causing a person fear that he or she will be touched without consent
Define defamation of character
attacks on ones reputation
failure to act in a manner that an ordinary, prudent person would act in similar circumstances, resulting in harm
unintentional act that creates harm against one's legal rights
List the steps for systematic processing of an ethical dilemma
- Gather all of the information relevant to the case
- examine and determine one's own values on the issue
- verbalize the problem
- consider possible courses of action
- negotiate the outcome
- evaluate the action
What is the primary purpose of RN's being licenced?
protect the public
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview