The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- 1. To cover with water, especially floodwaters.
- 2. To overwhelm as if with a flood;
- 범람, 침수
- [from unda, wave]
- 1. Marked by great passion or zeal: a fervid patriot.
- 2. Extremely hot; burning.
- [Latin fervidus, from fervēre, to boil]
- to make greater; th heighten
- 지위, 가치를 늘리다
- a projection form a fortification, arranged to give a wider firing range; any strong defense or bulwark
- 보루, 요새, 수호자
to complicate or intensify, as bt the introduction of a new element
- [OE metan, to measure]
- to allot or distribute, deal out 할당, 배당하다
- 1. To rob of goods by force, especially in time of war; plunder.
- 2. To take as spoils.
- 약탈, 강탈하다
- 1. Lacking physical strength or vigor; weak.
- 2. Lacking in power, as to act effectively; helpless:
- 1. Motivated solely by a desire for monetary or material gain.
- 2. Hired for service in a foreign army.
- 용병, 용병의
- 1. To make worse or more troublesome
- 2. To annoy or exasperate
- [Latin aggravāre, aggravāt- : ad-, ad- + gravāre, to burden (from gravis, heavy; see gwerə-1in Indo-European roots).]
- (질병이나 좋지 못한 상황을) 악화시키다
- any group of persons or things arranged in successive orders or classes, each of which is subject to or dependent on the one above it
- 사회 계급, 체계
- [L. sponsus, betrothed, to promise solemly] to take as a spouse, marry; now, to support, advocate
- (주의・정책 등을) 옹호하다
- A place where things may be put for safekeeping; a warehouse; a museum.
- 저장소, 보관소
- a personal subject to the will of another; a tool
- 졸병, 저당물, 담보물
- [L. per- (intensive) + nex, viloent death] Tending to kill or hurt; very injurious or destructive
- secret agreement or cooperation for fraudulent or deceitful purposes
- 공모, 결탁
- [L. tenere, to hold] Act,right, manner, or therm of holding something--as landed property or a position or office
- 재임 기간, 재임
- [L. recalcitrans, pr.part. of recalcitrare, to kick back, from calcitrare, to kick, heel] stubbornly disobedient; obstinately definat of authority
- 저항하는, 다루기 힘든
- [L. pugnare, to fight, from pugnus, fist] quarrelsome disposition; combativeness
- [L. vestigium, footprint] trace or visible sigh left by something vanished or lost
- 자취, 흔적
- [L. dexter, skillful, on the right side] skill and ease in physical activity, especially in using the hands
- [L. articulare, to utter distinctly] Incapable of giving cogerent, clear, or effective expresstion to one's ideas or feeling
- 1. Of, relating to, or limited by time
- 2. Of or relating to the material world; worldly
- 3. Lasting only for a time; not eternal; passing
- 현세적인, 속세의, 시간의 제약을 받는
- 1. A confused struggle or fight at close quarters.
- 2. A confused tumultuous mingling, as of a crowd
- Traveling from place to place, especially to perform work or a duty: an itinerant judge;
- 1. To return to an earlier, inferior, or less complex condition.
- 2. To go or move backward
- 되돌아가다, 후퇴하다, 역행하다
- 1. to put out from a property by legal process; expel
- 2. to force out; eject
- 1. Living or characterized by preying on other animals
- 2. Living or characterized by plundering, pillaging, or marauding
- 1. To gather together or accumulate a large quantity of (something)
- 2. To be the site of (an increasing mass), especially as a result of neglect
- 모으다, 축적하다
vicisstitude (VI CI SSI TI TUDE- 2 s')
irregular changes or variations
- [L, precari, to pray]
- dependent upon the will of another; now, risky, uncertai; hazardous, dangerous 위태로운
augment (no "e" between g and m)
to make greater, as in size or quantity
- 1. Death, the end of existence or activity; termination 종말
- 2. Law Transfer of an estate by lease or will.
- 1. Deep-seated, often mutual hatred 원한, 증오
- 2. A feeling or state of hatred or animosity
- 1. Similar or alike in such a way as to permit the drawing of an analogy. 유사한
- 2. Biology Similar in function but not in structure and evolutionary origin.
- 1. Of, relating to, or typical of this world; secular.
- 2. Relating to, characteristic of, or concerned with commonplaces; ordinary. 일상적인
call; To cause to assemble in a meeting; convene 소집하다
[L, promulgare, to make known] To make known or announce officially and formally
[L. a mkaer, from facere] one of the elements or causes that contribute to produce a result
- 1. Of, relating to, or formed by a meteoroid. 유성의
- 2. Of or relating to the earth's atmosphere.
a council or body of officer designated to transact business for others; an association of individuals united to negotiate some business or to prosecute some enterprise reqiring large capial 연합체
Producing wealth; profitable: a lucrative incom
- A doctrine, principle, or position held as part of a philosophy, religion, or field of endeavor. 교리
inspiring fear or awe; formidable