The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- 20 moves
- The meaning is forms.
- 19 moves
- Heaven and Earth
- 21 moves
- The legendary founder of Korea
- 24 moves
- The patriot Ahn who devoted his entire life to furthering the education of Korea.
- 28 moves
- The monk who introduced Buddhism to the Silla Dynasty in the year 686 A.D.
- 38 moves
- Philosopher and Scholar Yi
- 32 moves
- Patriot An Joong-Gun who assassinated the first Japanese Governor-General of Korea.
- 37 moves
- The Penname of the noted scholar Yi, an authority on Neo-Confucianism.
- 29 moves
- is named after the Hwa-Rang youth group which originated in the Silla Dynasty in the early 7th century. The 29 movements refer to the 29th Infantry Division, where Tae Kwon-Do developed into maturity.
- 30 moves
- Was the name given to the great Admiral Yi Soon-Sin of the Yi Dynasty.
- He was reputed to have invented the first armored battleship (Kobukson) in 1592, which is said to be the precursor to the present day submarine.
- The reason this pattern ends with a left hand attack is to symbolize his regrettable death, having no chance to show his unrestrained potentiality checked by the forced reservation of his loyalty to the king,
- 39 moves
- Is named after the famous Kwang-Gae-Toh-Wang, the 19th king of the Koguryo Dynasty, who regained all the lost territories including the greater party of Manchuria.
- The diagram (±) represents the expansion and recovery of lost territory.
- The 39 movements refer to the first two figures of 391 A.D., the year he came to throne.
- 36 moves
- Is the pseudonym of the loyal subject Chong Mong-Chu (1400 A.D.)
- who was a famous Poet and whose poem "I would not serve a second master though I may be crucified a hundred times" is known to every Korean.
- He was a pioneer in the field of physics.
- The diagram (-) represents his unerring loyalty to the king and country towards the end of the Koryo Dynasty.