The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril) used to treat..? class of drug?
localized spasms. centrally acting muscle relaxant
- centrally acting muscle relaxant.
- used for acute muscle injury
causes of muscle spasms (sudden contraction of muscle groups)
epilepsy, hypocalcemia, pain syndromes, trauma
causes of spasticity (heightened muscle tone, spasms)
CP, MS, spinal cord injury
centrally acting spasmolytic prototype?
dantrolene (Dantrium)? drug of choice for what? adverse effects?
- peripherally acting spasmolytic.
- drug of choice for hyperthermia. mgmt of spasticity
- AE: muscle weakness, hepatic toxicity