Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the principle component of surfactant?
- especially DPPC
What is the primary function of surfactant?
- prevent alveolar collapse
- decrease alveolar tension
- 7.35 - 7.45
- hydrogen ion concentration
- ratio of base to acid
- (HCO3-/0.03 x pCO2)
- 80 - 100
- pressure exerted by dissolved oxygen in plasma
- 95% or greater
- percent of hemoglobin saturated with oxygen relative to total amount the hemoglobin could carry
- 35 - 45
- pressure or tension exerted by dissolved CO2 in blood
- -2 to +2
- # moles of acid (+ base excess) or # moles of base needed to add to 1 liter of blood to return pH to 7.4 and total CO2 of 25 mmol/L
How is the majority of Co2 transported in the blood?
- HCO3- and H2CO3
- (bicarb and carbonic acid)
HCO3- value + calculated dissolved CO2 gas (pCO2)
Normal range for total CO2
22 - 28 mEq/L
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview