The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Noun:A thin liquid food of oatmeal or other meal boiled in milk or water.
- Synonyms:porridge - mush
- Adjective:In poor condition through long use or lack of care.Dressed in old or worn clothes.
- Synonyms:mean - threadbare - seedy - ragged
- Noun:A long strip or loop of cloth worn over one shoulder or around the waist.A frame holding the glass in a window, typically one of two sliding frames.
- Synonyms:girdle - belt - waistband - scarf
- Noun:An extremely easy task.
- Verb:Secure (a garment) with a belt.
- at someone or something with one or both eyes partly closed in an
- attempt to see more clearly or as a reaction to strong light.
- Noun:A permanent deviation in the direction of the gaze of one eye: "I had a bad squint".
- Verb:Tremble or shake with a slight rapid motion.
- Noun:A slight trembling movement or sound, esp. one caused by a sudden strong emotion: "a quiver of fear".An archer's case for holding arrows.
- Synonyms:verb. tremble - shiver - quake - shake - shudder - vibratenoun. tremor - tremble - shiver - thrill - trembling - shudder
- Verb:Cause (a large amount of damage or harm): "torrential rainstorms wreaked havoc yesterday".Inflict (vengeance): "he was determined to wreak his revenge on them".
- Synonyms:vent - revenge
- Adjective:Causing great horror or fear; frightful or macabre.Objectionable; unpleasant: "ghastly old-fashioned dresses".
- Synonyms:terrible - horrible - awful - dreadful - grisly - lurid
- chronic or persistent disorder of the mental processes caused by brain
- disease or injury and marked by memory disorders, personality...
- Synonyms:madness - lunacy - insanity
- Noun:A wild animal's resting place, esp. one that is well hidden.A secret or private place.
- Synonyms:den - burrow - nest - hole - haunt - earth - cave
- Adjective:Showing smug or uncritical satisfaction with oneself or one's achievements.
- Synonyms:self-satisfied - smug - pleased - contented - satisfied
- Verb:Jolt or bounce.
- Synonyms:jolt - shake
- Sit, lie, or stand in a lazy, relaxed way: "the two girls lolled in their chairs".
- Hang loosely; droop: "he slumped against a tree trunk, his head lolling back".
- Tread heavily and noisily, typically in order to show anger.
- Noun: (in jazz or popular music) A tune or song with a fast tempo and a heavy beat.
- Utter a high-pitched piercing sound or words, esp. as an expression of terror, pain, or excitement.
- Noun: A high-pitched piercing cry or sound; a scream.
- Synonyms: verb. scream - screech - squall - yell - squeal - shout - bawl
- noun. scream - screech - yell - cry - squeal - shout - squall
- Noun:An uncastrated adult male horse.
- Synonyms: stud
Noun: A crazy or silly person; a lunatic.
A sweetened flour made from ground dried corn mixed with flour made of mesquite beans, sugar, and spices.
- A large metal pot with a lid and handle, used for cooking over an open fire.
- A situation characterized by instability and strong emotions.