RT 52A Physics quiz 2
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Name the 3 types of X-ray Tube support?
- 1.) Ceiling support
- 2.) Floor support
- 3.) C-arm
What is protective housing?
- 1.) Provides mechanical support
- 2.) Protects the tube from damage
- 3.) Reduces the level of leakage radiation
- a.) Leakage radiation ( x-rays that escape through the protective housing)
- b.) housing must be lined with lead
- c.) must reduce leakage radiation to less than 100mR (miloroentgen)/hr at one meter
What are collimators?
- 1.) 2 sets of lead shutters that retrict size and shape of the x-ray beam
- 2.) a light field with cross-hairs is provided by a mirror at a 45 degree angle & a light bulb
List the internal components of the x-ray tube?
- 1.) glass enclosure
- 2.) cathode assembly
- 3.) filament
- 4.) focusing cup
- 5.) window
- 6.) target
- 7.) anode assembly
- 8.) rotating anode
- 9.) rotor
Glass enclosures positives and negatives
- 1.) made of Pyrex
- a.) withstands high heat
- b.) air removed from tube to form a vacuum
- 2.) results in more efficient x-rays
- 3.) prevents collision w/gas molecules
- 4.) prevents oxidation
- 1.) Tungsten plating; filament vaporizes in time and adheres to walls
- 2.) causes arching; bright discharge of light when the current jumps the gap between cathode and anode
What are the positives of metal enclosures?
- 1.) longer life than glass enclosures
- 2.) less likely to fail; doesnt allow tungsten to adhere to walls of enclosure
- 3.) most tubes today are metal enclosures
Area of the enclosure that emits the useful beam?
1.) Tube Window
Useful beam- x-rays that exit through the tube window
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview