The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- high point of Indian’s early civilization
- Its civilization influence on the whole
- subcontinent(인도대륙 or 아시아 대륙)
Gupta culture “golden age”
- - Kalidasa, the “Shakespeare” of sanskrit letters
- - Sarnath sculpture
- - Ajantacave-shrine
- The first Gupta king
- Ruled first in Magadha and become prominent in
- the whole Ganges basin(갠지스강 대지 유역).
- turned kingdom into Empire
- Gupta empire 의 “golden age”를 이룬 사람
Classical and greatest Sanskrit writer (작가)
Write the “Shakespeare” of Sanskrit letters.
Darma (달마= 규율)– from Hinduism
Moral law or duty.
The four main classes that form the basis for the Hindu caste system.
The many subgroups that makes up Hindu caste system.
- Kshatriyas (noble/warriors or kings)
- Shudra (servant)
- - The “Great Vehicle” for salvation in Buddhism. It
- emphasized the Buddha’s infinite compassion for all beings-Goal
- - Central Asia and China에 퍼짐.
- The “Way of the Elders.”- A school of Buddhism that emphasized the monastic ideal.
- Monastic Ideal 강조= 개인의 해탈이 목적!!
- Burma and South Asia (Thailand등등) 에 퍼짐!!
A “Buddha to be” who postpones his own nirvana (해탈) until he has helped all other beings become enlightened. 모두가 계몽 해탈할 때까지 기다리는 것.