Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the relationship between Atoms & Molocules?
Atoms bond together to form molocules
What are Isotopes?
- They are atoms that have the same atomic number but a diffrent atomic mass because the number of neutron differ.
- -Atomic Mass - the # of P & N in the neculeus
- -Atomic Num - the # of P in the Nucleus & E in the Atom
This is an exaple of?
Isotopes - They're all Hydrogen atoms but with diffrent Atomic Mass's (number of Neutron differs)
What determines the chemical properties of the atom?
The number of electrons in the outermost level
What are the (3) basic types of Chemical Bonds?
What are Molocules?
They are atoms that have bonded together
What are Ionic Bonds?
- Thety donate or take on electrons
- They are the most stable type of bod
- Table salt is an example
What are the (4) major classes of Organic Compounds?
- Nucleic Acids
What are some of the funtions of a Protien?
- Movemenet/ Transport
Explain the function of Negative feedback
systems.MAINTAINS homeostasis by counteracting the effects of a stimulus.
Explain how a Positive feedback system works
A positive feedback system AMPLIFIES (or REINFORCES) the effects of a stimulus.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview