The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
what age group is most at risk for a stressful experience in the hospital?
three phases of separation anxiety?
protest, despair, detachment
protest stage of separation?
- child is agitated, inconsolable, resisting care.
- *encourage parents to visit more often
despair stage of separation?
- child feels hopeless and withdrawn.
- parent misconception: thinks child is "settling in"
detachmenet stage of separation?
- child becomes interested in environment, may ignore parents' return.
- parent: thinks child is adjusting to situation and doing "well"